Thought of the Day

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~ Jim Ryuh

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Sister, My Inspiration

I would like to introduce you to my kid sister, Stacy. She is two years younger than me, and we are very close. She is one of my best friends, and she has always inspired me to be better in everything I do.
 Although we are similar in many ways, we differ in quite a few. Up until now, one of those differences has been sports. She was the soccer and softball player; I ran track. I fell in love with running, Stacy did not.
This is at the Pink 5K in Alpine, Utah. The all-women's race was this last Saturday, and guess what? My sister ran it! This was her first race ever, and she did fantastic! She has been training so hard over the past two months- she ran in rain, snow, wind and sun. She toughed it out through her shin splints and the mental wall that told her she couldn't do it. She didn't quit, even when she wanted to the most. She made it through the sore muscles and joints, and she completed the mileage three times before the actual race. Then, on race day-she pushed herself even further and improved her fastest time by eight minutes!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, STACY! :D
Stacy proved to herself that she could do it. She made a commitment, set a goal, and didn't quit until that goal was accomplished. She even told me that she will make this an annual thing for her to get out of her winter slump. (That's how it starts, Stacy)
I'm not the only one working on Stacy. She actually talked two of her friends into running the 5K with her, and the funny thing is they have both found they enjoy running, while Stacy still claims she is not a fan. We are all trying to talk her into running the Pink 10K in Logan this August. We'll see........ :) There is PLENTY of time to train for it.............
I love my sister and I really am proud of all she has accomplished. Once again she has shown me that when I am ready to pack it all up and give in, that I can push myself a little further and a little more, and that I can find it within myself to do whatever I put my mind to. Thank you Stacy for being my inspiration and example!

No comments:

Post a Comment