Thought of the Day

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~ Jim Ryuh

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Clarifying Ragnar

My post today is to clarify a few things about my Ragnar experience. Apparently, my detailed post on my  adventure left some people thinking I was tortured and had a horrible time-So, they have asked "Why would you want to do it again?" On the contrary- I had the best time!!!! :)
For those of you who don't know me very well, or at all- I am known for my long, detailed stories. I seriously don't think I could keep things short if my life depended on it (just ask anyone who knows me well). I have tried keeping things short and sweet, but that's just not me. 
So, when you read about every ache, pain and blister I have; every trial and triumph; just take it all in stride and realize that unless I absolutely say I hate something, I am really enjoying it. Oh, I don't enjoy pain, but I enjoy the overall experience. 
Second-some of the injuries that Jess, Mindy and I had on Ragnar happened before Ragnar-it's just that running two races back-to-back didn't help things at all. So, No-Ragnar wasn't a horribly hard race that caused all of these injuries. We just overdid things. 
Third-Would I recommend Ragnar for just anyone? Well.........no. I'm not saying you have to be a super athlete to participate (believe me, not everyone that does it is), but if you don't like running, lack of sleep, being dirty, getting a little crazy and having the time of your life-then this is definitely not for you. If you are up for an adventure you'll never forget, then I say get a team together and go for it!
I hope that cleared things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment