Thought of the Day

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~ Jim Ryuh

Monday, June 27, 2011

New Adventures

I am an adrenaline junkie, and I love new adventures-they can be fantastic adrenaline rushes.
Yes, competing in a triathlon definitely counts. While I am working on overcoming my fear of water, I will
be taking on other new adventures, and I invite you to break out of your box of comfort and try one (or more) for yourself.

-Ragnar. OK, I know Ragnar is over. But, it was a new adventure for me, and I loved it. There is another similar race that I am excited to take on, and I want to share: The Grand Teton Relay. This relay race takes you through beautiful national parks, and it takes place during a perfect time of the year: August. If you don't already have plans, mark your calendar for August 19-20th, get together 11 of your friends/family and get ready to have a fantastic time. You can check out the details at http://www.grandtetonrelay.com. Plus, this is a brand new race, so you will be among the first to say you did it!

-Trail Races. My friends at the Pleasant Grove Fire Department have turned me onto trail running, and a group of us will be running the XTERRA trail race on September 25th, in Ogden, Utah. I am totally psyched about this. You can check it out at http://www.xterraplanet.com/xduro/nationals.htm. I am by no means going for the championship, but I am going to run just for the thrill of it.

-RunnerCross. What's RunnerCross? You have to check this out! It's coming up quick- July 9th. It is an off-road race that is an obstacle course. You will get dirty. You will most likely fall once, twice (or maybe five times). You will laugh. You will have a blast. It is an experience to have. Plus, you can bring your family along- they have activities to keep everyone happy. Visit http://www.runnercross.com/events/salt-lake-city/.

I have another new adventure, and it's definitely not for the weak-hearted. My Friend Monica and I are planning on taking a skydiving trip in September. Yep-you read correctly. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. We had actually planned to go last year, but something happened to both of us that prevented us from taking the trip. So, we are crossing our fingers and praying hard that this year, things happen in our favor. If you are up to an amazing adrenaline rush, check out http://www.skydiveutah.com/.

If you find that you are not ready to take on any of these adventures, it's OK. But, I encourage you to find something that you have never done before, take a leap of faith, and do it. It is an amazing feeling when you experience something new, and you usually learn things about yourself that you never knew before. Doors open that you didn't know existed. Make it a goal to take on at least one new adventure this summer-you'll be glad you did!

1 comment:

  1. I am incredibly excited for our skydiving trip!! BRING IT ON BABY!!

    ReplyDelete